Students are held to the degree program guidelines in place the academic year they enter the graduate program.
Integrative Anthropological Sciences (IAS)
The following Doctoral Degree Forms, Petitions and Information are available here.
- Form I - Nomination of Doctoral Committee
- Form II - Report on Qualifying Exams (Comprehensive Exams)
- From III - Report on Final Exam for PhD (Completion of all PhD requirements)
- Form IIIA - Waiver of Final Exam for PhD (Waiver of Defense)
- Changes in Doctoral Committee
- Leave of Absence
- In Absentia
- Change of Degree Status
- General Graduate Student Petition (Transfer Credit, UCSB Extension Course Credit, Waive Graduate Council Requirements, Dual Enrollment)
- Reinstatement from Lapsed Status
Each Spring, the students and their faculty advisors complete a Student Annual Report (SAR) as a way to reflect on progess made over the ending academic year. These reports are then reviewed by the faculty to determine the merit and need-based awarding of Teaching Assistantships, Department Research Positions, and other monetary support for the following academic year.
Additional Financial Support Resources:
Click here for the latest news and information from the Anthropology Graduate Student Association.